Header

6.8.14

I'm not in competition with anybody - OREOLUWANI


The Gospel music industry is giving birth to new and highly anointed artist every minute and we really thank God for this.

Meet Oreoluwa Esther Oluyemi aka, OPG (Oreoluwani Praise Generation). She is a young vibrant Gospel artist.

To the Glory of God, Oreoluwani released an album recently and she titled it “Sure Mercies” which was launched last year October. OREOLUWANI shared more light on herself and her music carrier and how she’s contributing into the gospel industry.

Enjoy the interview below...

1GN: Welcome to this interview, please kindly introduce yourself

OPG: My Names are Oreoluwa Esther Oluyemi aka OPG

1GN: OPG in full means?

OPG: OREOLUWANI PRAISE GENERATION

1GN: Tell us about your background.

OPG: My Life has being monitored By God and My Blessed parent Daddy and Mummy OLUYEMI. I am the 4th out of Four Children. I’m a native of Lagos-State. I started Learning things from SOLID STRUCTURE Nur/Pry School, Further to “BARACHEL MODEL COLLEGE” then  to UNAAB where I had a degree in 'Computer Science and presently doing another program at  University of Education Winneba, in Ghana.

1GN: How did the Music Journey started?

OPG: It was Just an Inborn thing... I Started in the Church as a chorister really, right from there I stepped forward to work on My personal Album titled  Sure Mercies that was launched Last year Oct 20th 2013 and till date God has being there for me and My Crew

1GN: What were the challenges you've faced since you've choosing this career?

OPG: Financial challenge

1GN: Who is your mentor?

OPG: My Mentor Has being all inspirational Gospel Musicians

1GN: How many album have you recorded so far?

OPG: One

1GN: What is the title of your latest album?

OPG: SURE MERCIES


1GN: How do you relate with your fans outside?

OPG: We relate through Social Media mostly and when we meet at events.

1GN: What is your relationship with your fellow artists?

OPG: I mingle around the World of Music, I respect those ahead of me, regard my co' once and encourage those behind.

1GN: Are you married?

OPG: No but I'm Engage

1GN: Oh! So who is the lucky man?

OPG: *smiles* it’s undisclosed for now

1GN: Where do you see OPG in the next 5 years

OPG: I see OPG soaring like an eagle to all continents in the World.

1GN: As a Gospel Artist in Nigeria, how can you rate the standard of the music in Nigeria Presently?

OPG: Gospel Music is really moving higher and stronger, although we putting more of socialization into it.

1GN: “More of socialization” in what sense? Could you please explain that to us?

OPG: In terms of Dressing, some Gospel artist does not portray to be called one, again even trying to bring some circular songs into the Gospel terms. I Think these are the Social things I'm looking at
1GN: Apart from Music, what else do you do?

OPG: I am into Event Planning, indoor/outdoor decoration, catering services "small chops, Chapman, special drinks, Cake making and many more.
1GN: People do say you sound like Shola Alyson and Tope Alabi, what can you say about that?

OPG: Yeah I heard a lot about that too,   although none of them trained Me. It was Just a coincidence. I Love their and listen to them whenever I'm opportune to.

1GN: Can we say they are your role model?

OPG: No! I only respect their style of Music and Anointing.

1GN: There are lots of young Gospel artists doing your kind of music out there; don't you think there's going to be a much competition?

OPG: I don't think so because the Sky is wide enough for every Bird to Fly.

1GN: What will you advice those who are aspiring to be like you?

OPG: They Should Move on and never get Tired

1GN: Say something to your fans out there

OPG: Just want to Tell Them I Appreciate Them a lot.

1GN: Thank you so much for giving us little of your time for this interview.

OPG: You are most welcome. God bless you.


Facebook: Oreoluwa Praise
Twitter: @oreoluwapraise
Phone: +2347086516171

4 comments:

  1. I pray that the most high God take you to a greater height and your dreams will come to pass in Jesus name. You are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are blessed, keep it up, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's humble...I pray you grow in grace in Jesus Name

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going places in Jesus Name.

    ReplyDelete