Header

21.1.14

Yinka Sax set for European tour..






After a successful tour of some Nigerian states, US-based gospel artiste, Olayinka Owolabi, popularly known as Yinka Sax, is set to tour Europe.

The Nigerian tour, which saw the artiste and his The Talented Minds (T-Minds) band minister in Kaduna, Abuja, Benue, Ogun and Rivers State, held late December 2013.

Speaking in a chat with CITY VOICE, the artiste disclosed that the forthcoming European tour will afford him and his band comprising Nigerian professionals the opportunity to project the country’s music and languages globally.

“In a big way and with God helping us, we will take the beauty of God around Europe. My 2013 performance was awesome; I was practically everywhere around the world to be a blessing.

“I have performed in seminars and conferences around the United States, Miami, Tampa in Florida, Chicago, Atlanta, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Virginia, Philadelphia and many more. I really can’t remember all the places but the European and US tour is coming up. I will stop by in Limerick and Dublin in Ireland and in few cities in the UK. I will thereafter proceed to cities in the US.”

Apart from God who he acknowledges as the pillar of his life and organisation, Yinka also appreciates the moral and financial backing of churches and ministries. “They are the sponsors of my trip,” he said adding that his band will perform tracks from his new album, ‘Limitless’ on its European tour.
Yinka, who received an award from Arise and Shine International Ministry, Bedford, Texas, hopes that he will record greater exploits this year than he did in 2013.

“I am sure this year will be far better, as the focus of our performance will shift from better to best. I have played on the same stage with Kirk Whalum, Don Moen and Dave Coz amongst others and I wish to play with more versatile musicians around the world in the coming years,” he said

The artiste, who treasures his instrument, disclosed that it took him some time before he was able to save enough money to buy his first personal saxophone.

“This saxophone in my hand is not all that expensive but it’s a professional saxophone and I have been playing it for a while now. It has been to places with me and it is going to take me to places,” he said.

And unlike some other artistes with fan troubles, Yinka disclosed that he has never experienced such. “Honestly, I can’t remember any problems with any fan. I guess it is because my fans are Christians so it’s all fullness of joy.”

People often confuse Yinka with Yemi Sax who plays the same instrument he does but highlighting their differences, the artiste said, “Yinka Owolabi is my name and because I play saxophone, sax was added to my name. Sax is not my last name but a stage name, and so is Yemi Adeosun too.

Sax was added to his name because he is a saxophonist. We play the same instrument but different genres of music. He is a good brother that I love and believe in.”


No comments:

Post a Comment